I’m getting back into Sunday Evening Snippets – January is always a fresh start, right? So now’s a good a time as any.
This past week was pretty up and down. I mentioned in my update on a typical day with a 9 month old just how crazy it’s been around here. Ezra’s ear infection seems pretty much cleared up now, though, and I think the antibiotics cleared up his eye as well. But I don’t want to dwell on the hard parts. We also had some fun things happen – Ezra is squatting and then standing up from a squatting position so that’s a huge milestone. I think his most favorite thing right now is exploring books. Out of nowhere, he suddenly loves books. We mostly stayed low key during the week, hanging out at home. This past weekend was pretty busy, though. On Saturday, we hung out with our best friends and their son, I went to a knitting class and a baby shower and got my nails done. Today, we visited my grandma and saw my aunt as well. My mom, sister and her boyfriend came along and we all had lunch together, then went back to my grandma’s to hang out. It was a lot of fun!
This week should be another low-key one, which I’m looking forward to. And this upcoming weekend will be another busy one. It seems like that’s what weekends are for, lately.
My 4 favorite moments from this past week:
- Finishing up the prototype for my Valentine hats I’m putting in the shop. You can see the boy one on Ezra in the picture above, but a rockin’ girl could pull it off too!
- Ezra waking up cheery every morning, ready to give me a sloppy kiss and screech with delight in my ear
- Seeing Ezra play with his baby buddies – it’s so adorable
- Working on a swatch for my first knitted garment. I mentioned I went to a class on Saturday. It’s to make a vest and this marks the first time I’ll make anything I can wear myself. I’m known for being a fearless knitter but I do find this a little intimidating, because the fit/gauge actually matters. But I guess that’s what a swatch is for, right?
Five favorite links from this past week:
- What will you write in 2013? Ten mini-resolutions, via Aliventures // I need to set my writing resolutions!
- Lisa from Good Knits Blog shares her first project of 2013 and I am drooling over her yarn
- I loved Shauna’s (aka Nubby Twiglet) tips on getting organized for the new year. I actually do most of them already, so it was good to know I’m not alone in my love of displaying possessions as art and sorting things by color (I do this with almost everything…. yeah, it’s a problem)
- Found some great book recommendations from Writerly Life’s post on the best books of 2012. It’s time to work on my next 52 books project… 52 books in 2013, anyone?
- I can’t wait to try Emily’s Hearty Lentil Vegetable Soup. It sounds delicious!
Three blogs I’m loving right now:
Hope your week was wonderful and that you’ve got some great plans for this upcoming one 🙂